What Do You Mean By Incredible India?
Incredible means extraordinary, impossible or difficult to believe. The term Incredible India was coined by the Ministry of Tourism to promote tourism in India. But then what about India is incredible? Let’s find out.
I remember feeling extremely proud when I used to say the pledge in school every morning. India is my country. I am proud of its rich and varied heritage. As I grew up, I tried to understand the deeply embedded meaning of these words. What is the rich culture and heritage of my country?
Each tourist attraction has its history, its own story. Let’s explore my favorite five places to visit in India. Mumbai, the financial capital of India. Anyone who comes to this city falls in love with it. Mumbai has its own charm, its own thrill and endless job opportunities with people ready to work.
- The famous Gateway of India,
- Marine Drive with a beautiful view of Queen’s Necklace at night
- The shopping paradise of Colaba Causeway
- Haji Ali Mosque surrounded with water
- Siddhivinayak temple
- Girgaon beach
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site- The Elephanta Caves, is a specimen of rock-cut art which carries you to medieval times.
- Bandra-Worli Sea-Link
- Mahalaxmi Temple
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
Are a few must-visit spots on Mumbai. Next, let’s drive about 149 km from Mumbai to the Oxford of the East- Pune. Pune is a storehouse of history as the Peshwas of Maratha dynasty rose to power from Pune. The famous Shaniwarwada, which was the house of the Peshwas is now a heritage site. Also, the Mahatma Gandhi’s ashes are preserved in the Aga Khan Palace in Pune.
Pune is one of the most desirable destinations for Adventure travels in India.
Since beautiful Shayadri mountainous ranges surround it, you can plan Adventure trails and hikes. A few other places are
- Shaniwar Wada – a dwelling of the Peshwas
- Bund Garden
- Osho Ashram
- Mulshi Lake and Dam
- Parvati Hill Temple
- Sinhagad And Khadakwasla
If we continue to drive south on the trip to India, the Garden City of India greets us -Bangalore. Lush green and beautiful parks, lively nightlife, amusement parks, beautiful lakes, glittery buildings and captivating monuments and temples. Bangalore has an enjoyable climate throughout the year. The tourist attractions in B’lore are
- Parks like the Lal Baug which dates back to 3000 million years, Cubbon Park and Jayprakash Narayan Biodiversity Park which is rich in natural bounty with over 250 species of trees and shrubs.
- Historical monuments like Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace, Bangalore Fort, Mayo Hall.
There are various museums, biodiversity park with abundant wildlife, Temples dating back to medieval era contributing to a rich culture of Banglore city of Incredible India.
A tagline – “365 days on a holiday.” is so right for Goa.
Known for its vast stretch of sandy beaches and beautiful 17th-century churches; Goa is a popular tourist destination all around the year.
- Beaches like Candolim, Baga, Anjuna, Vagator in North Goa
- The Dudhsagar Waterfalls on the Mandovi river are among the tallest in the country.
- Fort Aguada – built by the Portuguese to provide defense against the Dutch and the Marathas.
- Bom Jesus Basilica – a place where the incorrupt body of St Francis Xavier is kept in a glass mausoleum.
- Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church
- Club Cubana – a haven for partygoers. The club throws colorful lights all over the neighborhood all night long, thereby attracting customers.
- Chapora Fort
From the sunny, sandy beaches of Goa, let’s go to the heart of Thar Desert- The Golden city of India- Jaisalmer. The city’s most notable landmark is the Jaisalmer Fort, also called Sonar Qila or the Golden Fort. This fort is a world heritage site. Jaisalmer houses beautiful and intricately carved palaces or haveli’s where the royals used to live. Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli, Salim Singh ki Haveli, Patwon ki Haveli, Mandir Palace to name a few.
These are a few of India’s attractions. India has a rich history and is blessed with beautiful natural resources. Take a tour of India, and you will agree with me, India is indeed Incredible.
© 2018 – 2019, Splendid Traveler. All rights reserved.